Saturday, July 30, 2011

DOG DAYS...


Go to fullsize image
"Be tuff...the "dog days" of summer can be wuff..."

I assumed the 'dog days of summer' were in August...but learned they can begin in June/July and go into September. 

This summer is a scorcher and just think...we're barely moving into August...aargh. I am extremely thankful that our home is easy to cool...the a/c is working properly...thank you God.

I wonder if the heat makes people more up tight, short-tempered and downright antsy! It certainly seems to be affecting the governing process of the country...poor people are working overtime to do what they should have had finished moons ago! Oh well. The heat's on...high heat.

Do you think 'we the people' will ever be able to live together...peaceably? Doesn't seem likely because we're fractured. Hey, businesses fail...people get their hours cut or lose their jobs...families even fracture...domino effect. People seem to be in limbo...uncertain of what's around the corner...uncertainty is frightening.

We live in such a wonderful country; most of us have more than the necessities of life...but...there may be something missing...like...how well do we know each other? I mean 'really know'each other.

I like privacy and quiet time...I also like people. Think a minute about how well you know me. Could you make a list of 'things I know about Vasca'...? I was sort of born asking questions and have never lost my curiousity ~ so I honestly try to get to know you.

Remember that post about vulnerability? At times I believe a fear factor enters and prevents me/us/you from really getting to know each other; or if it's easier to just go through the common rituals of 'How's it going?'... 'Oh, same-o same-o'...'Good, see 'ya later'.   Might be safer than taking time to show a greater interest in how you/me really are at that particular time...but...what if we never saw each other later? 

Last week a casual acquaintance saw me and mentioned that she had missed seeing me; she had the saddest look on her face. I smiled at her and she said "I know you pray; so please pray for me. I'm going to have to get a part-time job; my hours have been cut back. I have few skills and haven't had to job search in years". I'm praying fervently.

You know what? We need each other...we really need each other! You have something wrong...share it. I'm transparent and admittedly vulnerable but I feel comfortable in my transparent self. Probably I make some uncomfortable; but perhaps my openness will help someone who's suffering as I have and still do at times. It's all about caring and sharing with each other...it's important.

Helen Keller said, "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."   Oh yes!

I believe God smiles when He watches our togetherness; even when the 'tuff days of summer are wuff...'

From my heart...

No comments: