Monday, June 13, 2011

POWER STEERING...

Tell you what...I need GPS in my feet.  Talk about clumsy?  Aah, that's me w/a capital C.  For instance, yesterday we walked through our back gate and what d'ya know?  Somehow (don't ask 'cause I don't know) got my feet tangled in the gate and fell sideways into our rock house wall...oops!  Didn't fall down mind you...and didn't scratch or hurt me in any way.  Didn't even dent the house...wow!  I am a klutz. 

In China, my feet liked M's feet so much they reached over to visit and I fell into a stone wall...not so fortunate this time; I broke my collarbone...ouch.

I try my best to walk carefully; I really do.  My co-ordination skills are a fiasco; my feet ignore my brain...top to bottom is a great distance for me.  Deciding how to direct my body is a challenge; but here's the flip-side. 

M and I have hiked and camped all over the Gunnison National Forest in Colorado.  I didn't trip, stumble or fall...now how can that be?  I even walked what I'd call a 'tightrope' path which could've ended my wonderful life...wow!  Probably I am so fleet footed there because I love the mountains...I'm eager to get there and drag my feet upon leaving...aah, fresh and breezy life...love it.

Dr. Seuss wrote, "You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.  You're on your own.  And you know what you know.  You are the guy who'll decide where to go".

Oh yes...I can tell my GPS where to go but I make mistakes...don't always like to follow directions.  Fortunately Father has my back and is my power steering.  When I fail to include Him, I can't steer well.  At times, my spiritual self is like my clumsy feet; it gets totally misplaced and trips me up or down (ha, speaking for my feet...they even fall up stairs).

Another Dr. Seuss quote, "You're off to Great Places!  Today is your day!  Your mountain is waiting.  So...get on your way!"  Okay, what's the main point?  My mountain is now...my get-ups a'goin'...my feet are locked into the GPS and God's steering....way to go!

From my heart...

No comments: